If you or anyone you know is interested in helping get this new art program off the ground, now is the time to act.
The Town of Danville is still looking for sponsors to help launch an exciting public art project for 2019:
Dogs of Danville, Unleashed! This public art project presents an opportunity to be featured as one of the 15 sponsors for this inaugural program. The goal of this program is to create a temporary outdoor public art project displaying beautifully painted dog sculptures throughout Downtown Danville, accompanied by a walking tour and passport designed to attract and engage residents and visitors to downtown Danville between May and September 2019. Sponsorship comes with multiple benefits for the businesses, such as:
1. Each Dog will be paired with a juried local artist to create the design painted on the dog.
2. Dogs will be strategically placed throughout the downtown, in front of sponsoring businesses if appropriate, and will be on display for 4-month.
3. Businesses, business organizations or individual donors will be promoted in all marketing collateral throughout the duration of the project through Press Releases, Town newsletter articles, online advertisements, multiple websites, social media promotion, etc.
4. Dogs will include a custom placard on the pedestal indicating the sponsor’s name, address, and website.
5. A colorful walking tour booklet will be developed, featuring the location of each dog, the sponsor business information and any promotions offered (if applicable). Guests can win prizes for completed passports at the closing reception.
6. Dogs will be auctioned off at the end of the event and 100% of the proceeds will go towards developing a future similar art program for the Town of Danville.