Winter Weather Advisory: the National Weather Service forecast is calling for very low overnight temperatures in the East Bay and the possibility of snow down to 1200 feet or lower. We could see some snow on Mt Diablo.
In addition, temperatures overnight will get down to the freezing point. This could create very slick conditions for the morning commute. Drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians are encouraged to plan for some extra time and use some additional caution when out and about Tuesday morning
High winds are being reported for tonight 2/1 through Saturday morning around 11 am with gusts up to 65mph. With the rain we’ve had, most folks have umbrellas down, but if you don’t please do so ASAP. Also, any other outdoor insta-kite objects that could take flight and cause damage. There will also be rain making driving conditions much worse. If you don’t need to drive, don’t.
ADVISORY: Active Threat Training Thursday at Monte Vista On January 31, 2019, the Town of Danville will conduct Active Threat training at Monte Vista High School. The exercise involves the use of simulated firearms and explosive sounds.
No live ammunition will be used. The training will be limited to the areas within the campus and will not extend into the surrounding neighborhoods. The Active Threat Drill is scheduled to run from approximately 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
The training is designed to simulate a critical incident and provide response training for law enforcement and fire personnel, and allows the Danville Police Department to update and refine essential skills needed to provide the community with the highest level of service possible.
The exercise will involve a number of police officers and emergency services vehicles. The activities taking place on campus will be simulated for training purposes only and there will NOT be an actual event. The Danville Police Department requests that residents and visitors refrain from attempting to enter the east portion of the campus or communicate with the officers involved in the training. This drill will be limited to the high school campus.
No local roadways will be affected. However, parking on the center horseshoe and east parking lot of the Monte Vista High School campus will be off limits during the training event as we will need parking for ambulances, fire trucks, police vehicles and volunteer vehicles. There will be signs posted as a reminder the day prior. Those spots will need to be reserved for the training in order to make it run successfully.
If you or anyone you know is interested in helping get this new art program off the ground, now is the time to act.
The Town of Danville is still looking for sponsors to help launch an exciting public art project for 2019:
Dogs of Danville, Unleashed! This public art project presents an opportunity to be featured as one of the 15 sponsors for this inaugural program. The goal of this program is to create a temporary outdoor public art project displaying beautifully painted dog sculptures throughout Downtown Danville, accompanied by a walking tour and passport designed to attract and engage residents and visitors to downtown Danville between May and September 2019. Sponsorship comes with multiple benefits for the businesses, such as:
1. Each Dog will be paired with a juried local artist to create the design painted on the dog.
2. Dogs will be strategically placed throughout the downtown, in front of sponsoring businesses if appropriate, and will be on display for 4-month.
3. Businesses, business organizations or individual donors will be promoted in all marketing collateral throughout the duration of the project through Press Releases, Town newsletter articles, online advertisements, multiple websites, social media promotion, etc.
4. Dogs will include a custom placard on the pedestal indicating the sponsor’s name, address, and website.
5. A colorful walking tour booklet will be developed, featuring the location of each dog, the sponsor business information and any promotions offered (if applicable). Guests can win prizes for completed passports at the closing reception.
6. Dogs will be auctioned off at the end of the event and 100% of the proceeds will go towards developing a future similar art program for the Town of Danville.
We’re adding new articles, events, and local businesses from Danville, Diablo, and Alamo every day! Stay tuned for more news on what we’re doing and adding to the site. This is only the beginning as we hope to be your destination for everything you need to know about Danville CA.